Videos are part of our everyday life. We come across them daily on our social media feed and on company websites when looking for a product. According to Wyzowl, 79% of leads would rather learn about a product through videos than by reading text. Today, let’s talk about video marketing agencies and explore your options.
What is Video Marketing?
Video marketing refers to promoting a brand, service, or product through media. Customer testimonials and how-to videos are examples of this type of marketing. Often companies use videos as part of a full marketing campaign.
Why Should You Use Videos When Marketing?
- Forrest Research found using a video can increase your chance of ranking on the first page of Google’s search results by 53 percent.
- Companies that market with videos grow 49% faster than those that don’t.
- The average person watches 16 hours’ worth of video content per month.
- Using video in marketing emails increases lead click-through rates up to 300%.
- 80% of viewers remember video ads they watched for at least 30 days.
- 98% of viewers state they’ve watched videos about a product or service.
- 74% of marketers believe video offers a higher return on investment than images.
- Nearly half of marketers state videos help them engage with their target audience.
- Google found 6 out of 10 consumers would rather watch online videos instead of television.
- 86% of consumers want to see more videos from brands.
- 62% of ads on YouTube catch viewers’ attention.
- Embedding videos in your website can increase traffic up to 55%.
As you can see from the above statistics, video marketing is an effective and engaging way to connect with consumers. All businesses can benefit from using video marketing. Our founder Vanessa Burden shares additional insight in her blog, “The Power of Video in Content Creation and Marketing.”
When Do You Need a Video Marketing Agency?
If you have a video you’d like to promote, a video marketing agency can help. Typically, these businesses help with marketing campaigns, advertising, and other specialized services. Video marketing agencies may help create videos as well, but they’re more likely to outsource these services to video production agencies instead. Outsourcing may result in higher costs and risks for your company.
Video production agencies can help shoot and edit films. Companies who do not have a video yet should contact one of these agencies instead. Certain video production agencies also specialize in marketing and can help you with both sides of a film project. Not all video production agencies do marketing, however—just like not all video marketing agencies help with production. Production and marketing are two distinct services.
Before you choose a video production or marketing agency, identify your needs. Next, perform research. Check on company websites and look through the range of services they offer. If you require both production and marketing services, make sure you’re choosing agencies who can assist with both.
Six Quick Tips for Video Marketing
Maybe you’re not ready for a video marketing or production agency yet. That’s okay. Here’s some advice for starting the process on your own:
- Keep videos short, up to two minutes. Make sure your most relevant content comes within the first five to ten seconds.
- Make sure your video is optimized for mobile devices. Half of viewers watch videos on cell phones.
- Use engaging visuals. Many users watch videos with the sound off, so you should be able to draw them in without relying on audio.
- Focus on stories, not sales. Consumers don’t like salespeople coercing them, and the same goes for videos. You could share your brand’s origin story and culture while still stirring desire in leads. The video doesn’t have to be “sales-y.”
- Use keywords. Add relevant tags and terms into your video description for search engine optimization, making it easier to find your content.
- Be funny—when appropriate. The newest generations crave humor. We are lovers and sharers of memes and other amusing content. Infusing comedy into your content can boost viewership and engagement.
Concluding Thoughts on Video Marketing
Video is a versatile and engaging medium with lots of data supporting its effectiveness in marketing. Let’s see how we can use video for your growth marketing campaign to get results. Book a call with our experts today!